Today seems like a good day to make a gratitude list, you see despite the blue skies we have here things seemed rather grey this morning and my lust for life had all but disappeared. Illness, sleep deprivation, disorganization and disappointment were all playing major parts in my life story and I was feeling achingly out of control, I really wanted to get back under the duvet and hide there all day! I couldn't though, I had commitments and responsibilities which I managed to drag myself onwards to do, but as I went about my morning something in me started to lift slightly, influenced by by the thoughts and kindness of other, I started to think about all the things that made me smile, that I was thankful for and that I know were a sure positive in my life, so here is my gratitude list for today...
1. Well the sky is actually blue and there is lots of sunshine.
2. LC wanted lots of cuddles with me this morning, despite being grumpy.
3. I am going to London on Friday to spend time with lots of people I am very fond of, and I am sure to make some new friends too!
4. I am visiting the V&A museum on Sunday, a place I love and rarely go to these days.
5. I a mere 4 weeks we are off to Portugal!
6. People I love are getting married soon, I am so excited to be a part of their love stories!
7. We are really chasing our dream of moving to Canada, we are actually going for it!
8. I have lost 2 dress sizes in 4 months, I feel lighter and healthier.
9. My husbands kindness and understanding.
10. People around me, in many guises, who get what I'm going through...
11. That we were able to save the baby bird that our cat brought in this morning!
12. I have 4 hours to myself this afternoon...
Now that I've started I could actually go on, I realise that there is much to be appreciative for and writing a gratitude list really helps me to see this, sometimes we all need a bit of help finding the positives in life and writing it down is a useful way of doing it I think.
I also don't want to forget the people around me to who have, unbeknown to them, inspired me to do this today, just by by sharing conversation with them about how I'm feeling what's going on and general chit chat my mind has been provoked to think about some great things happening right here, right now in my life.
So in dedication to their kind spirit and comforting enthusiasm here is a some bedtime reading for tonight...
Twins Tiara's and Tantrums
City girl gone coastal
I'm a great believer in Karma so I expect these ladies are all due some good fortune soon or at least something that comes their way to give them a smile...
Have you ever written a gratitude list? What do you do when you need to look on the sunnier side of life?
Do leave me a comment, I would be very thankful for that too!