Monday's Moment of Wisdom - Peal Number 17

Tuesday 26 June 2012

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Every time we go on holiday I get really excited about going to the airport, I love them! To me they are a gateway to adventure, fun and experiencing a different life, something new and fresh. I love to wander round soaking up the atmosphere, watching others as they hurry through the terminals imagining who they are and where they are going.

I love to take my time, do some shopping, grab a coffee or a glass of wine depending on whether I am responsible for a small child, I buy some snacks for the plane and the biggest, fattest glossy fashion magazine I can find. This time I didn't get chance to buy one as we were travelling with LC and had my parents in-law in tow as well, in fact the only magazine I was carrying in my bag was In the Night Garden as some entertainment for my little madam on the plane. She did fall asleep though and the crappy in-flight movie had already started so I remembered that OH had download the infamous 50 Shades of Grey on to my IPad so thought I'd take a look and that's where my holiday reading obsession started!

Anyway I feel so lucky a privileged to be able to travel around the world and experience different cultures and meet new people and have even had the opportunity to live in some of my favourite ones too. Travelling abroad certainly does open up the eyes and the mind to understand that their are so many ways to be, to live your life, express yourself. It gives you a chance to learn and know that this world, this life is bigger than you, there is no wrong or right sometimes, just different  and different is always good, I strive on being different and every time I travel I bring back a new part of me to add to my own world from somewhere else!


One of my biggest wishes for my little girl is that she too is bitten by the travel bug and is curious about the world around her. Already she has visited two very different parts of the world before she is 2 and this time was very taken with the airport and LOVED flying! As the plane took off she turned to her dad and said "More!!!" She was fairly well behaved and charmed everyone in the seats around us, which was a relief!

We are off to Amsterdam in August but with out LC, she is camping with her Grandparents and myself and the other half are having some couple time together. But it is still a chance to make some more memories, see  the world and pick up some duty free at the airport!! I think I should of been a travel writer, maybe LC will grow up to do something in travel if she is anything like her mummy! We are even considering another trip later on this year, anybody have any suggestions? Where is your favourite holiday destinations?

No comments:

Post a Comment