Monday's Moment of Wisdom - Pearl Number 20

Monday 16 July 2012



Inspiring words from an inspiring women, Audrey couldn't have got it more right! One thing that has permanently set itself in to my mind over the years is that nothing in life is handed to you on a plate, if you want or need something, if you have a dream or a goal you've got to get out there and make it happen, you've got to help yourself!

Helping yourself is rewarding, it gives you a sense of achievement and self efficacy, it boosts your confidence and your self esteem and hopefully, as long as your not hurting anyone else in the process ultimately it allows you to put your best foot forward in to the future!

So learning to help yourself is important, starting with you is good because you should take care of your self first, in a positive way. But what makes us better, more compassionate human beings is then helping other, in fact helping yourself and others can coexist at the same time.

When I do something meaningful for my life it feels great I am full of energy, motivation and pride and when I help others I feel even better, knowing I have the power to effect my life in a positive way is awesome but helping others in their life fills me with so much joy and gratitude, using my knowledge, drive and enthusiasm to better someone else life gives me the most love and inspiration I could imagine!

Being selfish is good, but being selfless too is even better! What little or big thing could you do to help yourself AND someone else this week? Go on, spread a little love in to someone else's world too!

No comments:

Post a Comment