Monday's Moment of Wisdom - Pearl Number 38

Monday 20 May 2013



Our minds are amazing aren't they? The biology of the brain fascinates me, at college I studied Human Physiology for a bit, I was so intreaged by this organ, how it works and how it dictates EVERYTHING in our daily lives, how and when we move, what we physically feel and are capable of but also how it controls our hormones and emotions, it's so very powerful, but I know I don't need to tell you any of this!
The well being of our brain, of our mind is so important and powerful that on days where there is an imbalance it can send our whole worlds crashing down, for me personally this can be so debilitating. But what if we could re-frame our minds and thoughts to react differently? What if we could take a moment to step back and look at a situation from a different point of view or what if we taught ourselves to manage our thoughts and emotions differently? Could we then find some strength to over come our adversities, quieten those darker thoughts and allow space for fresh, courageous ones to come through? 

No comments:

Post a Comment