Feel Good Friday - Something for the weekend!

Friday 18 October 2013


What a great week it's been, I am feeling rather proud of myself! I set myself some important tasks to do - personal, some work stuff, housework and a few bits for my blog and I've totally nailed them! In fact I even got a bit more achieved so I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself! How did I achieve all this I hear you ask? I made a commitment, to myself and to my to do list, I picked 4 items each day, I thought about how I could schedule them in while a drank my morning coffee and then I committed to that and every time I ticked one off my list it motivated me to keep going, keep putting that hard work in, even if I didn't want to do it I visualised how I would feel at the end of the day and it worked!

I have a few more little bits I want to get done over the weekend but mostly I want to relax and enjoy it with the ones I love so I am picking only 2 items a day, making sure they are not too strenuous like, changing the beds, making my dairy and gluten free flapjack (which is becoming a favourite in this house!) mopping the kitchen floor and an Internet food shop, see easy peasy!

So here are some nice chilled out things I'm going to be getting up to for the next two days...

Working out - sounds hardcore I know but actually it really helps me to chill my thoughts and calm my brain, I have just started doing the BarMethod DVDs (we are big on ballet in our house at the moment) and I'm finding them amazing - great work out, fun to do and easy for beginners or out of shapers like me!

Eating food for my soul - As I mentioned my home-made flapjacks are a hit with the other two at home so I have been trying to make a batch weekly, I love that I know what's going in to them, no nasty ingredients or preservatives and there for I know that I'm getting some good stuff in to my family. I used pumpkin seeds in mine because it's a no fuss way of us all getting a hit of zinc (good for fertility and fighting off colds), magnesium (good for brain and heart function) and vitamin E (good for healthy skin and hair).
Here
is my recipe:
  • 150g of unsalted butter - organic if possible
  • 3 tbsp of Golden Syrup (its gluten free!)
  • 250g of gluten free oats
  • 25g Pumpkin seeds - you can add more or less depending on if you are a fan
  • 30g Dark organic chocolate - I like Green and Blacks
Preheat the oven to 180C/160Cfan/ gas 4. Grease and line a shallow tin with baking parchment paper, put the butter and golden syrup into a pan and gently heat until melted. Stir in the oats and pumpkin seeds, at this point you can add a few extras if you fancy like raisins, blueberries, what ever you fancy! The pore the mixture into the tin, level and spread the mixture evenly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes, or until just golden around the edges. Then place on to a cooling try, when your flapjack slab is cool break the chocolate in to pieces, place in a small glass dish and melt over a pan of boiling water, stirring gently. When melted drizzle over your flapjack, wait for it to harden, cut in to squares and enjoy!

Brunching - we have a great local pub that do the most amazing buffalo burgers! This weekend we are meeting some friends to try out their brunch menu, can't wait to devour some more comfort food! And if you are ever driving down the A303 in South Somerset, stop off and sample their mouth watering menu, this pub is nestle in the most breath taking location at the top of Ham Hill, stunning views!

Family movie time - Now that the weather is basically wet and cold we have been cosying up as a family and picking out some great family fun movies to watch, it's hard trying to find something that suits 3years to 36years but so far we have enjoyed Oz the Great and Powerful, Spooky Buddies (cheesy but good for Halloween fun!) and LC's all time favourite at the moment Alvin and the Chipmunks, nothing that's Oscar winning but not taking it too seriously and laughing together as a family is great for the spirit, plus I love seeing LC get really excited by a new song or dance she discovers! 

So, what are you up too this weekend? 
Do you have any recommendations for family movie time?
Maybe you are trying out a new pub/restaurant/recipe at home?

I'd love to hear from you - Happy Friday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment